Race Day Information
*NO LATE REGISTRATION ALLOWED*
Date: Sunday July 18th, 2021
Location: YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin
1095 N. Briggs Road
Middleville, MI 49333
Parking: Please arrive early to ensure you have enough time to get your packet and setup in transition. Parking locations may take 10 minutes to get into the transition area. We are providing several handicapped spots this year that will be clearly marked. Please be courteous to those who need them. ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING ON BRIGGS ROAD. Parking locations are designated on maps. If you would like a mask but do not have one, we will provide one to you upon entering the parking lot or transition area. MASK WEARING WHEN NOT RACING is recommended but not mandated.
Body Marking/Tatoo application: This year, you have been provided with RACE TATOOS. If you have not had a chance to attach your tattos yet, volunteers will be able to help you with this in the transition area. Body marking will also be provided for those who have forgotten their tatoos.
Water temperature: The water temperature ranges from 68-85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Aid Stations: You will have TWO (2) aid stations in transition; one (1) when entering transition from the swim & one (1) when exiting transition to the run. There will also be ONE (1) aid station on the run and ONE (1) at the finish-line.
Your Race Number:
- Wear your number on the front of your shirt or shorts. We only require you to wear this bib during the run portion of your race.
- Participant numbers must be visible to checkpoint recorders at all times.
- Participants not wearing numbers may not get a finish time.
- Helmet numbers will be provided but are NOT required.
- Bike numbers will be provided and are required.
- Swim caps are required, but swim cap numbers are optional.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
5:00AM - Transition open time
- BASED ON THE LATEST CDC GUIDELINES, temperature checks will not be necessary. We recoomend that participants with a fever not participate.
- Bikes will be inspected for bar end plugs, operating brakes and general structural safety before entering transition.
- Please rack your bike in the correct row.
- We have allowed plenty of room per row but be mindful of keeping space for other participants.
- Rack bikes in an ALTERNATING pattern. ONLY 4 BIKES PER RACK will be allowed.
- Set up your transition area on the side that most of your bike takes up.
- NO HELMET; NO RACE; NO EXCEPTIONS! Helmets MUST have safety straps.
- You are NOT ALLOWED to use any special markers to identify your bike rack or row. If we find anything on your rack or row, it will be removed.
- Make sure you have your TIMING STRAP & SWIM CAP before you leave transition to head to the swim start
6:45 AM - Transition close time
- head to SWIM START
- stage yourself with your SWIM WAVE based on your SWIM PACE and be ready to be counted in as soon as the wave before you enters the water
- pay attention to any final instructions
Note: Wetsuit Rules
- Water temperature of 78F or less: permitted to wear wet suit without penalty.
- Water temperature > 78F but < 84F: may wear a wet suit at own discretion.
- Water temperature > 84F: wetsuits not allowed.
- A final determination on whether wetsuits will be allowed will be made the morning of the race.
TIMING BELOW IS APPROXIMATE
7:00AM – Welcome & greeting
7:05AM – National anthem sung by Reagan Reynolds
7:15AM – myTEAM TRIUMPH rolling start
7:30AM – SPRINT rolling start
7:45AM - SUPER SPRINT rolling start
9:00AM – Awards Presentation. SEE AWARDS & PRIZES SECTION FOR MORE DETAILS.
9:30AM – There will be random Prize Drawings including two (2) $250 prizes plus special sponsor gifts – must be present to win. PREVIOUS CASH PRIZE AWARDEES DO NOT QUALIFY FOR THE RANDOM CASH DRAWINGS!
Chip Timing/Chip Return:
- Attach your timing chip to your ankle. Please do not carry or put the chip in any pocket. Chips will not read and provide times if worn higher than your knee.
- Your electric timing DEVICE IS DISPOSABLE and will not need to be returned to us after the race.
- Participants not wearing a timing chip will NOT be scored.
Finish Line Procedures:
- You must continue running or walking until you cross the finish line. The race is not over until you cross the sensor mats. You will not be scored at the finish line unless your number is visible and your chip is attached when you cross the finish line.
- Participants must not recross the finish line for any reason after completing the race. This action would trigger the reading of an erroneous finish time.
- Refreshments will be available to participants after they have passed through the finish area.
Cancellation or Delay of Race:
Race may be delayed or cancelled due to adverse weather. Should the race be delayed, the race will not be delayed longer than one hour (8:30 am). If the delay is longer than one hour, the race will be canceled. The race director, in accordance with TridelSol executives and local law enforcement, has the authority to cancel the race. If cancellation of the race is initiated at any time during the race, please follow instructions of the race officials and local law enforcement personnel.
We want to take this opportunity to THANK YOU for supporting myTEAM TRIUMPH West Michigan Chapter and TridelSol. Please take a moment to also thank our event partners for giving us the support we need to put on a great event. And finally, we wish you all the best as you participate in this event. May your experience be pleasant and your race rewarding!
myTEAM TRIUMPH West Michigan Chapter Board of Directors
TridelSol Race Committee