Race Day Information
Race Day Schedule (Preliminary):
5:15 Parking Lots Avialable
5:30 Transition, Body Marking, Packet Pickup Opens
7:40 TRANSITION CLOSES
7:45 National Anthem
7:50 myTEAM TRIUMPH Launches [Swim Cap Color: Red]
7:55 Pre-Race Meeting at Waterfront
8:00 Olympic Male 39 and Under [Swim Cap Color: White]
8:05 Olympic Male 40 and Over, Olympic Clydesdale, Olympic Aquabike, All Olympic Relays [Swim Cap Color: Powder Blue]
8:10 Olympic Female (All), Athena [Swim Cap Color: Violet]
8:10 Olympic/Sprint Duathletes (Start Located at Bike Out)
8:15 Sprint Male 39 and Under [Swim Cap Color: Pearl Gold]
8:20 Sprint Male 40 and Over, Sprint Aquabike, Sprint Clydesdale, All Sprint Relays [Swim Cap Color: Green]
8:25 Sprint Female 39 and Under [Swim Cap Color: Neon Pink]
8:30 Sprint Female 40 and Over, Athena [Swim Cap Color: Pearl Silver]
8:40 Super Sprint Triathlon [Swim Cap Color: Red]
Please arrive early to ensure you have enough time to get your packet and setup in transition. Parking locations may take 10 minutes to get into the transition area. We are providing several handicapped spots this year that will be clearly marked.
Please be courteous to those who need them. ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING ON BRIGGS ROAD. Parking locations are designated on maps.
Body marking will be conducted in the transition area starting at 5:30am.
The water temperature ranges from 68-85 degrees Fahrenheit. The start will be a wave start. Wave starts will be posted 15 days prior to the event.
You will have one aid station outside transition, three on the run and the finish-line.
My Race Number
- Wear your number on the front of your shirt or shorts. We only require you to wear this bib during the run portion of your race.
- Participant numbers must be visible to checkpoint recorders at all times.
- Participants not wearing numbers may not get a finish time.
- Helmet numbers will be provided and are NOT required.
- Bike numbers will be provided and are required.
- Swim caps are required, but swim cap numbers are optional.
Chip Timing/Chip Return
- Attach your electronic timing device to your ankle. Please do not carry or put the chip in any pocket. Chips will not read and provide times if worn higher than your knee.
- Your electric timing device will be detached by race personnel at the end of the race and must not be removed by any participant prior to the finish, since it will be used to verify placement.
- Participants not wearing an electric timing will NOT be scored.
- Participants who do not return their electric timing device will be charged $35.
Please return all chips to:
NOTE: THIS IS A MAILING ADDRESS ONLY.
NO IN-PERSON DROP OFFS ALLOWED AT THIS LOCATION.
1545 Orville St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Finish Line Procedures
- You must continue running or walking until you cross the finish line. The race is not over until you cross the sensor mats. You will not be scored at the finish line unless your number is visible and your chip is attached when you cross the finish line.
- Participants must not recross the finish line for any reason after completing the race. This action would trigger the reading of an erroneous finish time.
- Refreshments will be available to participants after they have passed through the finish area.
Cancellation or Delay of Race
Race may be delayed or cancelled due to adverse weather. Should the race be delayed, the race will not be delayed longer than one hour (9:00 am). If the delay is longer than one hour, the race will be canceled. The race director, in accordance with Tri del Sol executives and local law enforcement, has the authority to cancel the race. If cancellation of the race is initiated at any time during the race, please follow instructions of the race officials and local law enforcement personnel.