The safety of our athletes and volunteers is our primary concern. In the event of inclement weather, every attempt will be made to preserve the safety of everyone involved, and complete the race as scheduled.
In the event of:
Lightning - the event will be postponed by 30 minutes. If lightning is closer than 6 miles away at 7:00 AM, then the race will be postponed by 30 minutes. Families should wait in the main lodge for protection. If the lightning continues to be within 6 miles at 8:00 AM, the race will be cancelled. If weather changes while event is in progress we will stop/cancel the race. Saftey busses will be set out to get participants still on the course. If a participant opts to not take shelter, participant takes full responsibilty for anything that could happen.
Rain - the event will NOT be cancelled due to rain alone. If race officials determine that the bike portion of the race will be unsafe due to wet roads, the race will be changed to a swim-run duathlon. Athletes will be informed of such a change via announcements on race day.
Tornado Warning - The race will be cancelled in the event of a tornado watch/warning.